Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trip to Gothenborg



Last week I visited the second biggest city in Sweden, Gothenborg. Gothenborg is a base of some well known manufacturing companies like Volvo and SKF. What I liked about the city was a blend of tradition and modern.

I took the express train from Stockholm Central Station and it took me around 3.5 hrs to reach the destination. The journey in train was amazing as I got a nice view of the beautiful landscapes.

As suggested by a friend, I took a day pass after I reached Gothenborg. It was cheap and I got unlimited access to both bus and trams. I attended a seminar in Svenska Massan (Swedish Exhibition) center.

After that I took a city ride in the tram and visited some of the places like botanical garden and the Gothenborg downtown.

The next day I again took the afternoon train to come back to Stockholm.

No comments:

Post a Comment